Sunday, April 22, 2007

I've been tagged

As Iggy was kind enough to tag me in the comments to an earlier post, it would be terribly bad karma if I didn't do my part to continue this latest exercise in pop culture. My challenge is to identify bloggers whom I sufficiently admire and whom I think would be most likely to actually respond. This business of tagging is after all of the utmost seriousness, naturally, and should not be entered into lightly. So after considerable hours of meditation (broken only for the occasional dinner break, trip to the grocery store, chasing the kids to bed and so on), here's my quintet:

Man Eegee: Manny is one of the genuinely nicest guys in blogtopia, and is an excellent source on immigration issues and racism (and what would we do without pix of Bud each Friday!). His blog deserves much more traffic.

Catnip: Her blog is my first stop for info on the goings on in Canada, as well as the in-depth commentary on world events.

Nezua, the mind behind The Unapologetic Mexican: This cat offers up regular doses of political commentary, personal prose, and snark. If any blogger could single-handedly kill off Manifest Destiny, it's him. Gotta give him a shout-out for turning me on to Chicano Arts Magazine.

Spiderleaf: She's helped to put together Everybody Comes from Somewhere, and writes with a great deal of passion and class. In recent weeks she has reminded me of the importance of reconciliation and forgiveness.

Arcturus: Music, poetry, and politics - always well-written. I can safely say I've learned a lot from him over the last couple years. I also credit him with turning me onto Nathaniel Mackey.

And with that, the baton has been passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment