Monday, April 9, 2007

Say Hello To

Norman G. Finkelstein Solidarity Campaign. As it turns out I have some passing familiarity with his work, and the research of his that I've seen has been impeccable. His work is controversial, but well-respected by his peers. Thing is, he's running into one hell of a tenure battle. At the faculty level, he has been recommended for tenure. However his school's dean has been a potential roadblock - attempting to over-ride the favorable recommendations by his faculty peers. Hopefully things will work out favorably for him (for reasons I won't go into now, I can empathize with Finkelstein and hope things turn out well in the end for him as they eventually did for me).

Hat tip to The Try-Works, who are also keeping us up-to-date with the situation surrounding Ward Churchill, who's fighting to hold onto his job in the wake of saying some very un-PC things about the causes behind the 9-11 attacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment