Sunday, July 29, 2007

More summer reading

If you're looking for some relatively light reading, you might want to look at The MAD War on Bush. On one count I definitely agree with the reviewer: Baby Doc Bush has provided MAD with some of its best material in ages. This decade turned out to be a good one for turning my son onto MAD (which I began doing a couple years ago). Personally, I prefer old MAD back issues from the 1960s and 1970s. I miss the days when Don Martin's work was gracing the pages of MAD, and was a bit disappointed when the magazine finally went mersh a few years ago. That said, the Bush material over the last few years has been nothing short of wicked, and that "the usual gang of idiots" have been kind enough to anthologize a portion of the Bu$hCo years will make this one MAD book worth seeking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment