Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Notes from behind the Orange Curtain pt. 5

In the morning we head back east. One last visit with my sister-in-law, and of course niece and nephew. One stop to a bookstore to get some reading material for my son for the journey home - if he keeps his mind occupied, we can maintain peace between him and his younger sisters. I also scored Michael Parenti's The Culture Struggle and ­¡Ya Basta! Ten Years of the Zapatista Uprising (an anthology published by AK Press). Also allowed my son to purchase some instructional materials for learning French. Although I would prefer he concentrate on Español, I can't fault him for showing an interest in learning to speak and read in languages beyond his native tongue, and will gladly indulge his interest. Who knows - perhaps he'll be able to read Sartre and Fanon in their native language as opposed to the English translations of their writings (as I must currently).

We're ready to be home.

Catch y'll on the flipside.

No comments:

Post a Comment