Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Shorter Col. Larry James

As a psychologist, I prevent Gitmo prisoners from being killed or hurt by not knowing what in the hell is going on.
Via Dr. Trudy Bond's The Elephant at Gitmo, which reproduces two quotations that show Col. James contradicting himself. First:
"This is my second tour at Gitmo, Cuba. I was also the first psychologist at Abu Ghraib. I'm going to repeat what I said earlier. If we remove psychologists from these facilities, people are going to die. If we remove psychologists from these facilities, people are going to get hurt."
Next:
"I learned a long, long time ago, if I'm going to be successful in the intel community, I'm meticulously -- in a very, very dedicated way -- going to stay in my lane," ... So if I don't have a specific need to know about something, I don't want to know about it. I don't ask about it."
What I really wonder is how to best parse yet another quote from the Gospel according to da Colonel:
"Having custody and control over an individual is an awesome responsibility."
Now, he could be saying that such a situation is a tremendous responsibility. However, I get the impression that whet he really means is, "Dude, this custody and control over an individual is like, totally awesome. It totally rocks!"

Nah...on second thought, this clown reminds me of Sergeant Schultz:

No comments:

Post a Comment