Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Step away from the computer, and grab the nearest book...

I'll wait.

Back so soon? Good. Now let me tell you what's up.

I almost never do these meme things, but every now and again one comes around that is pretty cool, and figure "ah, what the hell." This one comes from Robert Silvey of Scholars and Rogues who was kind enough to tag me. The rules are very straightforward and go as follows:
  1. Grab the nearest book (that is at least 123 pages long).
  2. Open to p. 123.
  3. Go down to the 5th sentence.
  4. Type in the following 3 sentences.
  5. Tag five people.
Here's what I came up with:

The following three sentences comes from halfway down page 123 of Orlando Patterson's Slavery and Social Death: A Comparative Study (from Chapter 4: Enslavement of "Free" Persons):
Among pagan states with advanced slave sectors Ashanti and Oyo were the two that relied most heavily on tribute. Where did the tributory slaves come from? Often they were persons who were already slaves in the tribute-paying state.
Now, who are my victims now that I am on a quest to tag five people? Glad you asked.

Let's try Larry over at Lotus - Surviving a Dark Time; Manny of Man Eegee; NLinStPaul of Smartypants; XicanoPwr of ¡Para Justicia y Libertad! (just payback for the time you tagged me, bro!); and last, but certainly not least,

No comments:

Post a Comment