Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Velvel's got a great Studs Terkel post up

It's a few days old (which makes it the equivalent of the Egyptian Pyramids in blog years), but let's face it, Terkel's wit and wisdom defy mere blogtopia time constraints. One of the vignettes I've read elsewhere. The other was new to me.

In what seems another lifetime, when I was a teen in the early 1980s, my mom loaned me her copy of American Dreams Lost and Found, which was at that time going through its initial print run. It's safe to say that the book left a lasting impression on me - certainly in terms of how I try to focus on my fellow human beings (the regular working stiff tends to be far more impressive to me than the famous orator, for example). The US may not have many genuine lefties; Terkel is the real deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment