Monday, July 14, 2008

Back on the road

At least that is the tentative plan. I get the distinct impression that Madame and son played a bit hard at Disney Land, so I'll have a better idea of where we're at in the morning. Otherwise, all systems are go.

In the last few days, we've taken the kids to Huntington Beach, Crystal Cove State Beach (son & I, along with a close friend), and of course the Tragic Kingdom. I also took my son to visit Black Hole Records in Fullerton - one of a rare breed of successful independent record stores in this day and age, and began the process of passing on the torch to him. He's a bit of a Sonic Youth fan, so I think he walked away quite satisfied. Bill and Anna are wonderful people, and I certainly hope they find continued success. On Saturday, the daughters got to spend some time shopping with Madame and Grandma (I still can't bring myself to look at any receipts), as well as some time swimming at a local pool. Needless to say, there are tons of pictures to wade through, as well as some memories to process. All told, it's been a good stay - albeit a shorter one than usual.

Now, it's back through the desert that I know and love. Catch y'all on the flip.

No comments:

Post a Comment