Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Home again

Got in last night, too tired to string together so much as a coherent sentence.

I have plenty of pictures to sort through, and figure out what's fit for the blog and what's not. We managed to get to the beach a couple times, which was great. My son has discovered body surfing, so watch out next year.

The trip home was relatively uneventful, which is just fine by me. Around Grants, we stopped to grab a bite and we met a Vietnam Vet who had all sorts of cool stickers on his truck (including one that said something along the lines of "I took Bush's place in Vietnam" and a sticker advertising the City Lights bookstore and publishing company). I gathered his truck met with some unpleasant reaction out in Roswell, but as he said, it's like a different state around there.

This morning, when we went to pick up the dogs, we noticed just how green the surrounding landscape has become. I checked the Mesonet data for my community, and found that we got something like 2.5 inches of rain in the last week, moving our total for the year at just a hair above seven inches. That's still a bit below average, but it helps. Hopefully we'll see a bit more rain this weekend. Looks like Cimarron county, to the west of us, is still suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment