Saturday, October 4, 2008

I can always use an excuse for celebration

Time for some football. My alma mater from the grad school days, University of Missouri, beat the University of Nebraska Cornhuskers for the first time in Lincoln since 1978. It wasn't even close - 52-17. I tend to make a point of catching Mizzou-Nebraska games, and still have yet to forget the 1997 contest at Mizzou's Faurot Field. I suppose as dominant as the Cornhuskers were back then, even our near-victory was something of a coup. As it was, the Tigers managed to briefly make the top 25 and got into a bowl game for the first time in ages.

Oh, and the football team for the university where I now teach, won its game today, putting the team at 3-3 for the season. The guys now know that not only can they come from behind and win, but that they can win even when they are playing on someone else's turf. I'll take good news where I can get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment