Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sensible

John Cole essentially says, "wait for Obama to actual do something before you start dissing it." Y'all know me - I'm going to be critical no matter what, but I think his advice is well-taken. I don't expect to like many of Obama's cabinet choices, nor do I expect to be particularly thrilled with whatever direction he decides to take the War on Terra (I'm simply opposed to any approach that entails bombing families into oblivion, or continues maintaining 700 plus military bases across the globe). That's just a given. I'm hoping that he'll keep his word to close Gitmo and to cease the Bu$hco policies regarding torture and renditions. Simply put, I'm just going to wait and do my best to ignore the various doomsday prophesies coming from any and all political angles. Who knows - maybe I'll even be pleasantly surprised from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment