Sunday, December 7, 2008

If you're going to name names

Make sure to include me. Yes, Carl, I may not be a DC "political actor" per se, but hey, I was one of a number of bloggers who had readers in DC who would fit your description to a T. To this day, I still dig on journalist and all-around agitator John Ross' description of our 2000 and 2004 elections as being very similar to the sort that get held in Mexico. I will go to my grave convinced that the 2000 election was essentially handed to Bush thanks not to the proportion of Americans who vote, but to the whim of five SCOTUS "Justices." When it comes to 2004, something was always a bit strange about the Ohio results - although in the eyes of Iraqis and Afghans it would likely have not made a bit of difference who occupied the White House. So yeah, there was a legitimacy issue from my perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment