Sunday, July 26, 2009

Separate fact from fiction

When making sense of the current state of US health "care" it is advisable to get as many perspectives as possible, including those of American expatriates. Their stories should provide ample ammunition to put to rest the claims made by status quo proponents and propagandists. I've mentioned a bit of my own dealings with the current US system. I probably haven't mentioned that some surgeries my wife required earlier this decade did actually force us into bankruptcy. That was an experience I never want to repeat, but fear I probably will if our current system continues on its present course.

Just remember that there is absolutely no reason for an industrialized nation to have the sort of system that makes Venezuelans look at us with pity.

No comments:

Post a Comment