Monday, September 28, 2009

Australian town rediscovers tap water

I loved this article, The Australian town that kicked the bottle. Bottled water is a waste of money and the disposable plastic bottles are a hazard to the environment. Glad to see one community recognizing this and trying to make a difference. Actually I've been a somewhat lonely advocate for rediscovering tap water for many years, ever since about the mid-1990s. I'll occasionally buy a bottle in travel situations (since I can't bring my own water on to airplanes these days, there are some necessary exceptions), but otherwise, stick to bottles that are reusable. By the way, since I went back to tap water (usually fluoridated in most communities), I have not developed any new cavities. During the late 1980s and early 1990s my mouth was, shall we say, becoming a bit of a mess. Just something to consider if saving the environment is not a sufficient motivation - perhaps saving your smile might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment