Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Changes to the blogroll coming soon

Thank goodness there are no US troops in Iraq and all is peaceful. Like a lot of center-"left" bloggers, the Out of Iraq Bloggers Caucus is calling a day and killing off their blogroll that has been on my left sidebar forever. So even if the US still maintains permanent military bases and a palace-like emabassy in Iraq, we'll just pretend that everything is okay (unless or until a Republican occupies the White House). Maybe I'm cynical, but I call 'em like I see 'em. In the meantime, I've bookmarked the affected blogs, and will as time permits be updating the blogroll accordingly.

4 comments:

Don Durito said...

holy shit! thanks for the heads up. not sure what they're thinking, though. apathy, perhaps?

Don Durito said...

Not a problem. This was very short-notice. Luckily I checked on of my old and almost never-used email accounts. I had a fear that one of the outcomes of the 2008 election season would be the demise of war opposition in the US. Regrettably, my concerns were well-founded. :(

Don Durito said...

hs2!

Did not know this.

Thanks for the notice.

So, we're out of Iraq?

Wonder exactly who was running that site now, don't we?

da da da duh, da da da duh, weeeeeeeeeeeeee (memories of the Twilight Zone arise)

Don Durito said...

Seems the proprietors would rather focus on supporting the Pope of Hope for 2012.

Post a Comment